Jewish Scholastic Press Association

Bringing professionalism and Jewish values to high school journalism

• February 29Winners of the 2024 Jewish Scholastic Journalism Awards to be announced March 10

Jewish Scholastic Press Association

Jewish Scholastic Press Association

Polls

At your school, do more kids read the student news source in print or online?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

2024 PBS NewsHour Student Reporting Labs Summer Academy

Applications are now open for the Student Reporting Labs Summer Academy, a nine-day immersive video journalism and storytelling fellowship for teens, with costs covered in full by the PBS NewsHour.

This year’s summer academy will take place in Washington D.C., hosted at WETA (Washington Educational telecommunications Association), the local PBS station and home of the PBS NewsHour.

To be eligible, you must be a current high school student. You must be able to attend full time during the specified dates.

It includes a fully paid week-long trip to Washington, D.C., including travel, lodging and meals; connection to experienced media professionals, and one-on-one coaching; access to a national community of like-minded peers; and hands-on video journalism, storytelling and production experience.

The program is highly intensive and students engage in activities that will require them to work collaboratively in teams. Participants should NOT plan to arrive late or leave early. The academy will be from June 19-27, 2024.

The application deadline is Sunday, March 24.  Advisers have until Sunday March 31, to submit their recommendation letters.

Read full Academy guidelines and expectations here. If you have questions, please contact Victor Fernandez at [email protected]